Sutter Health Sterile Processing Technician (Part Time) in Auburn, California
Responsible for decontamination, correct assembly, and sterile processing of all instrumentation used at the surgery center. Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of sterile supplies for the surgery center.
High School graduate or equivalent
CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution) Technician Certification preferred
BLS/CPR Certification Required
• Sterile processing technician experience as would typically be obtained in two years including experience in assembly and sterilization of surgical instrumentation.
• Considerable knowledge of instruments used in various surgical procedures and of sterile and instrument asepsis.
• Working knowledge of regulatory standards for universal precautions, sterilization methodologies, and regulatory standards for biological monitoring.
• Ability to work within the team
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency within the unit
• Ability to foster teamwork/spirit
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities
Organization: Sutter Outpatient Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 48
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.