Sutter Health RN Clinical Director, Perioperative Services - (Burlingame) in Burlingame, California
Responsible and accountable for the leadership in the defined scope of services within MPHS which span across the care continuum of the related clinical conditions requiring care and to promote health. The clinical director executes the strategies, goals and objectives defined for the organization and the Department of Nursing. Maintains clear communication with staff, physicians, all health team members and administration to foster a team approach for patient-family centered care that optimizes health outcomes and ensures patient safety.
Accountable for the execution of operational plans for performance improvement integrating the voice of the customer and others to ensure an experience that delights customers and achieves excellent clinical and service outcomes. Ensures availability of appropriate resources and supervision of personnel to meet expectations and promotes the standards of behavior of MPHS.
Responsible for financial oversight and control of budgets. Works collaboratively with service line leaders and physicians to plan future and current business development. Engages medical staff and clinical leadership in continuous process improvements applying appropriate strategies such as lean and rapid cycle improvement
Directs clinical services to provide a comprehensive approach to achieve optimal results for clinical care and the customer experience.
• Develops operational goals and objectives for related clinical conditions in alignment with affiliate and corporate goals.
• Collaborates with medical staff and service line leadership to develop and implement plans for optimizing safe, timely, efficient, patient-centered care that is equitable and cost-effective.
• Ensures operational component of clinical and administrative performance improvement initiatives are aligned with medical staff goals and within operational budget.
Directs managers regarding human resource management and ongoing recommendations based on changes in MPHS to ensure the recruitment, hiring, retention and maintenance of nursing staff to ensure sufficient number of staff on a daily basis in the defined scope of services.
• Ensures the development of standard staffing plans to meet operational demands including the ability to flex staffing up or down based on history and trends.
• Works collaboratively with Human Resource leadership and hiring managers to identify opportunities for improvement related to recruitment, retention and the hiring process. Ensures recommendations are implemented and improvements sustained.
Ensures that professional standards are developed and maintained to provide evidence-based care that considers innovative approaches to care delivery and optimizes patient outcomes and experience.
• Responsible and accountable for specialty standards for nursing practice within the defined scope of service are available and current in accordance with organizational, as well as ensuring all areas in scope of services meet accreditation/regulatory requirements.
• Promotes interprofessional care and professional nursing practice within the scope of practice for nursing to ensure patient safety and experience in daily operations.
CA RN License
3-5 years of experience of progressive management experience in an acute care setting with demonstrated success in clinical and operational performance
Leadership strategies and administration of healthcare organizations; Budget and financial principles for managing operating and capital budget for personnel and materials/equipment; Customer experience principles; regulatory/accreditation standards (TJC, CMS, CDPH, etc.)
Organization: Mills-Peninsula Health Services
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.