Sutter Health Manager, Laboratory in Modesto, California
Manages the day-to-day activities and resources of the Sutter Stanislaus Surgical Hospital (SSHS) Laboratory. The SSHS laboratory provides testing and blood products for Stanislaus hospital inpatients. This position serves as the primary on-site manager in regard to developing, maintaining and administering clinical laboratory policies, processes and procedures. Working within the direction provided by the Valley Area Foundation Laboratory Operations Director, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, monitoring, controlling, coordinating, integrating, standardizing, assessing and improving the day-to-day business of the SSHS laboratories.
Bachelor's degree in biology or related field is required.
Master's degree in business or hospital administration is desired.
Licensures and Certifications
Clinical Lab Scientist License - CLS-L is required.
5 years of acceptable laboratory science experience; with at least 2 years of Supervisory or Lead experience or combination education and experience required.
• Creating/maintaining an effective organization and efficient work processes
• Developing policies/processes/procedures
• Managing financial performance
• Managing a laboratory information system
• Managing personnel
• Regulatory and accreditation compliance
• Laboratory process control
• Internal assessment
• Customer service and satisfaction
• Project management
• Operations planning
• Process improvement
• Technical equipment acquisition and maintenance
• Occurrence management
• Developing and maintaining technical/clinical documents and records
Skills and Knowledge
• Requires knowledge of all clinical, administrative, legal and regulatory aspects of the laboratory.
• Must have basic knowledge of all technical areas of the laboratory, laboratory process control, laboratory information technology, and business concepts.
• Knowledge of concepts in quality management, training concepts/methods, organizational development and process design is preferred.
• Individual must have proven written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate an ability to effectively interact with medical professionals, and manage personnel in a variety of situations by effectively applying transactional and transitional skills.
• Individual must also have demonstrated ability in problem solving, managing for results, organizing, prioritizing and managing diverse activities in a changing environment.
• Individual must have the basic computer skills necessary to maintain a laboratory information system, as well as utilize a variety of standard computer programs (word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.).
• Individual must demonstrate an ability to effectively identify pre-, post- and analytic process variations, and take appropriate and timely corrective action.
• Individual must be able to ensure the operational readiness of complex laboratory analyzers and methods through technical expertise and effective method management.
Organization: Sutter Outpatient Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.