Sutter Health Buyer in Palo Alto, California
Primary contact for all service and supply purchases, capital and minor equipment including acquisition of quotes and file/pricing maintenance. Ensures timely and accurate procurement from requisition to payment processing including invoice resolution and vendor credits. Performs Tier 3 customer service duties related to purchasing in order to respond to and resolve open service tickets and meet established customer service levels.
As a team member in Sutter Shared Services, establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with all customers to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure customer satisfaction.
Supports the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term Sutter Shared Services vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard Sutter Shared Services responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
• HS Diploma Or equivalent education/experience required.
• Associate's degree in Clinical, Business, or Related Field Or equivalent education/experience is preferred.
• Experience in a Buyer role as would typically be acquired in 6 months to 2 years required.
• Experience in Supply Chain, procurement/purchasing environment in a shared services/internal service deliver role strongly preferred
• Experience in the healthcare industry preferred
• Experience working with a Supply Chain ERP system preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel preferred
• Familiarity of a healthcare environment specific to supply chain, materials, supplies, and equipment strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Supply Chain practices, policies and procedures strongly preferred
• Knowledge of applicable state and local sales tax laws required
• Working knowledge of rules and regulations regarding Stark Laws
• Knowledge of legal contract terms/language
• Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
• Knowledge of medical supplies and equipment is strongly preferred
• Knowledge of accounting principles and general ledger is preferred
• Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets is preferred
• General understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and shared services enabling technologies (e.g. contact center technologies) is beneficial
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to maintain requisitions and purchase orders, including expedite backorders and acquire suitable product substitutions
• Ability to provide constructive feedback to team members to support continuous improvement
• Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing
• Ability to assess problems and resolve or escalate to appropriate team to resolve
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and collaborate with the Sutter Shared Services organization as needed
• Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.