Sutter Health Chart Analyst in Roseville, California
Under the supervision of the Department Director, this position is responsible for reviewing all Emergency Department records and correctly assigning charges for ED services, including but not limited to; ED Level, infusions, injections, minor and major procedures, based on services provided, documentation, and standards.
Education, Certifications, and Licensures:
• High school diploma Or equivalent education/experience required
• Associates Degree preferred.
• Successful completion of Medical Terminology course required.
• 1 to 3 years of progressive experience in medical office and /or hospital setting relating to medical billing is required.
• Past auditing experience strongly desired.
• Experience abstracting and comprehending information from medical records required.
• Also required are strong written and verbal communication skills, computer literacy; excellent attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and work independently.
Skills and Knowledge:
• General computer knowledge is required and the ability to learn computer systems
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to prioritize and work independently.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Computer skills to include keyboarding, mouse movement and to enter information into electronic health records
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks in order to complete assignments within the time allotted and maintains standard workflow
• Ability to maintain composure during challenging interpersonal interactions
• Ability to process requests quickly, accurately, and consistently with general supervision
• Applies moderate mental application and concentration to handle varying procedures and interruptions
• Ability to work with others in a flexible and cooperative manner
• Ability to learn new functional processes
• Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to details when verifying information and procedures
• Strong customer service skills and professional demeanor
• Ability to asses problems and resolve or escalate to appropriate team to resolve
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.