Sutter Health Contract Specialist in Roseville, California
The Contract Specialist will create, examine, and monitor contractual agreements for supplies, equipment, and purchased services and is responsible for accurate and timely management of GPO and local contracts and price files in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and contract management system(s) and databases ensuring that contracts do not expire without action and effective communication to content management, sourcing operations, and contract managers.
The Contract Specialist monitors price exceptions, investigates root causes, and works with internal and external stakeholders to resolve. This individual will monitor internal contract performance, including GPO tier optimization, and contribute input to supplier performance management strategies. The Contract Specialist provides input to value analysis activities by conducting price comparisons and reviewing contract implications for new product requests.
• BS/BA degree in Economics; Accounting; Finance; Supply Chain Management or other related discipline Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
• 3 years of experience developing, reviewing and negotiating supply and/or service type contracts or contract price management
• Demonstrated ability to work in a professional, multi-disciplinary team as a group leader, facilitator and/ or participant
• Creative problem solver with a demonstrated ability to communicate specific barriers to the contracting/pricing/new technology processes with recommended solutions.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills that are clear, concise and actionable
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
• Must be able to run reports to determine historical usage and trends using Lawson, Cognos, Tableau or other available reporting tools
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.