Sutter Health Compliance Program Manager - Valley in Sacramento, California
This role will support both Sutter Medical Foundation and Sutter Coast Hospital. Travel to Sutter Coast Hospital in Crescent City will be required as part of this role.
The Compliance Program Manager will assist and support affiliate Compliance Officers with oversight and monitoring of the corporate compliance functions for their respective Sutter Health regional organization. Working under the direction of the Regional Compliance Officer, the primary focus will be to:
• Assist with coordination, implementation and evaluation of the Compliance Plan;
• Partner with management to conduct compliance risk assessments, to develop compliance policies and procedures
• Assist in the conduct of internal investigations;
• Develop and coordinate related education and training activities to ensure they promote an institutional culture favorable to compliance and;
• Assist with monitoring and auditing activities under the compliance plan.
• A Bachelor's degree preferably in a health related field required
• Masters Degree or Juris Doctor degree preferred.
Licensures and Certifications
• Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) certification is required. **Note: This required certification may be obtained within the first 12 months of hire.
• Three years experience in a healthcare compliance related role (a year of graduate education may be substituted for each year of required experience).
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of healthcare clinical operations, hospital revenue cycle systems, healthcare billing & coding requirements, or other healthcare compliance issues.
• Knowledge or training in healthcare compliance strongly desired.
• Strong judgment, interpersonal and communication skills required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of staff, including clerical staff, peers, physicians and senior management.
• Requires demonstrated excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Demonstrate ability to organize, plan and coordinate work flow of others, and to work effectively with managers to achieve compliance with objectives.
• Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive material, and exercise good judgment as it relates to handling of sensitive material.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint & Excel preferred.
Organization: Sutter Health System Office
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.