Sutter Health Financial Analyst - Accounting & Budget in Sacramento, California
Assists in coordinating the Sutter Medical Foundation (“SMF”) Regional annual budget process. Prepares, provides training and distributes the budget template to approx 200 SMF budget users. Collects, consolidates and analyzes 290 department budgets. Prepares Sutter Health Corporate (“SH”) and Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region (“SHSSR”) budget reports and ensures deadlines are met.
I) Supports the Annual SMF Region Budget Process
a) Coordinates the budget process
1) Responsible for complete setup of budget training across all three Divisions (SMF Central, West and North) for our budget managers, regional directors and budget team
2) Maintains communication with executive management and operations budget managers regarding various budget deadlines
b) Participates in the budget database build
1) Updating of statistical drivers
2) Development and maintenance of budget reports
3) Budget template development and deployment
4) Maintenance of software security
c) Prepares, presents and distributes the budget packet for department management
1) Includes developing a detailed calendar of all deadlines, including reporting milestones to the SMF Regional Executive Management Team, SHSSR Finance, and SH Financial Reporting
2) Presents a budget overview to operations management team(s)
3) First line contact for answering budget related questions from department management
4) Coordinate and present the budget packet to the A-Team
5) Organizes submission of multiple budget passes to the Corporate Office
d) Data analysis and consolidation of department budgets
1) Prepares financial studies to support global budget assumptions
2) Prepares the annual forecast, intercompany eliminations, revenue and expense drivers
3) Provides detailed ad-hoc analytical support to executive and operations management
4) Reviews assigned department budgets for reasonableness
5) Preparation of expense allocations among departments and divisions
6) May work with Senior Analysts to assist in Divisional budget consolidation process.
II) Supports the Month-End Accounting Process
a) Coordinates and communicates timing of month end reporting to SMF managers
b) Generates month end related financials and other reports for online distribution
c) Works with accounting staff to provide month end accruals, allocations and labor statistics
d) Partners with our Decision Support department to track and maintain our physician database
e) Provides non-routine analytic support to operations managers .
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance.
Three years direct experience in general accounting. Two years experience in budgeting and project tracking. Also, general understanding of healthcare accounting issues and requirements and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with on-going deadlines is desired.
Good working knowledge of accounting systems and accounting principles. Advanced knowledge of personal computers and Excel spreadsheets is required. Must have strong analytical and organization skills, and the ability to work well as a team.
· Special Skills/Equipment:
The incumbent must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proficiency in designing and utilizing Excel spreadsheets, functions and graphs. Preferred experience in Lawson with ability to navigate, report write and troubleshoot. Must also have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with and communicate with all levels of management within the Sutter system. Must deal appropriately with confidential information and have a high-level of attention to accuracy and details. Ability to handle shifting priorities, and multiple projects independently and with personal initiative is important, as is the ability to work as part of a team. Must have sufficient experience to participate in process improvements and identify areas to make more efficient. Demonstrates a clear understanding of, and consistently adheres to department and facility policies and procedures.
Organization: Sutter Medical Foundation - Central
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.