Sutter Health Pharmacy Resident, PGY-1 (Limited-term, Full-time, Days / Evenings) in Sacramento, California
This residency position is on-the-job training to be a practicing pharmacist in a Health System setting. The resident will design and execute a research study using drug utilization data from either the hospitals or outpatient pharmacy claims or both. During one rotation, under the supervision of licensed pharmacist, the resident will be reviewing patient's drug profiles and making recommendations to improve drug therapy. During the ambulatory rotations the resident will be learning about some managed care principles such as benefit design and also doing some cost analysis of the impact of a therapeutic switch to a single generic product choice. The resident will be expected to provide drug information to other health care providers and to give inservices on drug therapy. The resident will participate, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, in pharmaceutical contracting. The resident will be writing a formulary drug monograph and present the information to the system-wide P&T Committee and defend the recommendation regarding its formulary status. The resident will have one rotation in a Sutter Hospital and be involved in EPIC deployment and medication safety issues.
• Pharmaceutical contracting
• Work with Sutter Select regarding benefit design
• Financial analysis of some therapeutic drug switches
• Provide drug information to other health care providers
Complete a research project using pharmacy claims or hospital invoices to report utilization and cost savings of drug choices in a therapeutic class
• Design a research study of the quality that can be published in a scientific or professional journal
• Collect the data necessary for the study
• Write up the study for publication
• Present the study to Western States Residency Conference
• Review patients’ drug profiles
• Make recommendation to prescriber regarding changes to drug therapy regimens
• Improve patient adherence to medication regimen
• Write a therapeutic class monograph
• Do a financial assessment
• Write a power point presentation
• Present the information to the System-wide P&T Committee
• Write up the study for publication
Inpatient medication safety and electronic medical record deployment.
This is a limited-term position with an anticipated duration of approximately one year.
Graduation from an accredited school of pharmacy within 30 days of hire.
Pharm D required within 30 days of hire.
Organization: Sutter Valley Hospital
Employee Status: Limited Term
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.