Sutter Health Regional Operations Director, Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services in Sacramento, California
The Regional Operations Director Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services provides overall management and operational support for the activities and resources of Diagnostic Imaging for Sutter Medical Foundation Outpatient Imaging Sites.The Operations Director provides leadership in planning, organizing, staffing and controlling the operational functions related to Diagnostic Imaging Services (Radiology, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, Interventional, CT/MRI scanning, etc.)The Operations Director ensures optimal provision and coordination of imaging services and resources for Sutter Medical Foundation.The Operations Director ensures high quality, responsive service level performance and implements various productivity improvements and cost savings components to operations, standardizing processes where appropriate.The Operations Director ensures coordinated and harmonious working relationships within Diagnostic Imaging Services, with SMF Leadership, with the Diagnostic Imaging & SMF Medical Directors, SMF Site and other Operational Managers and Directors with associated medical staff, and the public.In collaboration with SMF Administration and Medical Group Leadership and the Regional Director, the incumbent manages the development and implementation of new profitable lines of business aligned with Sutter Medical Foundation and the Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region business plan.
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in one or more imaging modalities preferred.
Masters degree in healthcare management or equivalent education/experience in a closely related field is desirable.
Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography program with certification by the American Registry of Rad Techs or Certified Nuclear Medicine Techs, and the State of California, when applicable, is required.
· Experience in managing imaging services supporting multiple sites is required.
· Prior demonstrated successful experience as a Diagnostic Imaging Services Operations Manager and/or Director of an outpatient setting is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability in healthcare management with excellent experience in personnel management; budget preparations and planning; marketing, development and monitoring of staff productivity systems; quality improvement and establishment of quality standards and monitors; and development of other key management control systems is essential.
· Both a strong clinical background and strong experience in working with Diagnostic Imaging Medical Directors and referring physicians is critical.
· Demonstrated success in major project coordination, implementation of successful cost containment initiatives, and contract negotiation is required.
· Experience in managing personnel, operational processes and Information Systems in a multi-site environment is highly desirable.
· Extensive knowledge of Diagnostic Imaging operations in a non-acute setting is essential.
· Establishing work processes, quality and productivity standards, and policies and procedures designed to ensure optimal departmental performance is required.
· A comprehensive knowledge of all applicable JCAHO, Title 22/State, federal, state licensing and other local regulations as they relate to Diagnostic Imaging Services is preferred.
· Knowledge of technological advancements, labor savings procedures and equipment, sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment for all services, Radiology Information Systems, Picture Archiving Communications Systems and other state-of-the art departmental-specific systems is required.
· Knowledge of Radiology coding and billing required.
Special Skills :
· Excellent team leadership and organizational skills are required.
· An ability to prioritize multiple demands and projects is critical.
· Proven written and oral communication skills demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to support effective local and regional integration that meets service needs as well as administrative, physician, nursing and departmental needs.
· An excellent background and ability to form strong physician relations with referring physicians and the Diagnostic Imaging Medical Directors as well as with nursing, and other key departments is required.
· An ability to build teams as well as consensus is crucial.
· An ability to deal with complex situations and policies, rules and regulations is critical.
· Flexibility, adaptability, creativity and innovation are required.
· Must be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
· An ability to meet deadlines and implement projects effectively is an integral part of the work responsibilities.
· An ability to work within and manage the complexities of a multi-facility based service is crucial to this position. Must also be adept in use of personal computers.
· Demonstrated experience in the use of word processing, graphics and spreadsheet software is required.
· Requires some traveling between facilities throughout the Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region.
Organization: Sutter Medical Foundation - Central
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.