Sutter Health Development Associate-Foundation in San Francisco, California
Supports the fundraising efforts of CPMC Foundation’s direct fundraising staff (as assigned) by providing high level administrative work that supports the cultivation and stewardship of donors and prospects. This work will involve direct contact with donors, physicians, Board of Trustee members and senior management.
On a day-to-day basis, the position reports to the assigned Directors and/or staff. There is a joint report to the Office Manager, who supervises the overall workload, is the key contact for administrative updates, policies, guidelines and standard work processes.
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree preferred, and five or more years related experience, in a non-profit environment fundraising environment.
Knowledge: Thorough familiarity with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and preferred experience in fundraising databases (Salesforce NGO Connect is used at CPMC Foundation) or other software such as Raiser's Edge.
· Highly developed organizational and problem-solving skills
· Excellent skills in composition and production, including writing, editing, and formatting of complex material
· Close attention to detail, including analysis and clear understanding of all documentation associated with gifts, such as gift and reporting requirements
· Clear understanding of all written instructions, such as foundation guidelines, policies and procedures, requirements for financial expenditures, and accounting processes
· Responsiveness to multiple and often competing demands for research, writing, editing, calendaring, monitoring of travel and organization and implantation of special door and prospects events
· Ability to handle various perspectives in a complex organizational environment, including the tactful and diplomatic handing of conflicting interests and priorities
· Familiarity with a philanthropic work environment and health-related or research environments
· Sensitivity, judgment, and tact in dealing effectively with a variety of department personnel, hospital and Board of Trustee executives
· PC computer skills and demonstrated ability to use work processing, scheduling, spreadsheets, and database (Raiser’s Edge)
· Demonstrated readiness to undertake position responsibilities and ability to work independently
· Effective analytical and communication skills
· Ability to prioritize responsibilities and assignments independently
· Resourcefulness, good judgment, and flexibility
· Ability to provide detailed information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts
Organization: California Pacific Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.