Sutter Health Nurse Practitioner San Francisco Neurology 64hrs in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
This position combines advanced nurse practitioner knowledge of physical assessment and treatment under the supervision of a physician with skills in case management, education and research.This position is responsible and accountable for the quality of care within the scope of the position in accordance with standardized procedures for patients. The incumbent assesses patient and parent needs as well as plans and directs approved educational programs.The designee also manages patients on a case by case basis by assessing, diagnosing, coordinating, educating and documenting pertinent information to meet patient care, care center and national cooperative group guidelines.The incumbent must communicate with supervisors and management to ensure continuity and coordination of both inpatient and outpatient services.The nurse clinician plays an integral role in the patient care team acting as a resource and educator to patients, family members and clinical staff.
· Nurse Practitioner Degree – Required
Licensure and Certifications
· Nurse Practitioner - NP License – Required
· Registered Nurse – State Licensure – RN – Required
· Basic Life Support Certification – HealthCare Provider – BLS-HCP – Required
· 3-5 years - Working in a healthcare environment - Preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Some understanding of managed care, Medi-Cal, and Medicare eligibility, authorization and billing requirements.
· Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, Access or similar programs.
· Incumbent must possess excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
· Must have demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
· Must possess skills in providing services for community outreach, including community education.
· Excellent customer service skills and knowledge of culturally competent care required.
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 64
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.