Sutter Health Security Technician in San Francisco, California
For job function as Dispatcher
Working under the direction of the Operations Manager and Shift Supervisors, the Security Technician has the general responsibility for the protection of personnel and property of Sutter Health. The Dispatcher provides for communication between hospital staff, patients and other customers and Security Services. All calls for service will be documented and relayed to field officers without significant delay, existing emergency situations notwithstanding. The field officer's response to calls and other activities are expected to be recorded in a timely and detailed manner.
In certain locations the Security Technician may be responsible for monitoring various alarm systems in place in the Dispatch Center and taking appropriate action in response to each activation. In other locations this role may dispatch and direct responding officers.
The MyChild Alarm system will be given priority attention and appropriate action is expected to be taken in the event of each alarm. A computer based dispatch system is provided for documenting all activities, security and all other situations that involve the safety of persons, property and operations of the medical center. CCTV systems are expected to be monitored at all times especially those centered around the Sutter Campus. The facility access control system used for control and monitoring of all card readers and door contacts will be expected to be on line at all times and set up to monitor illicit activity.
The Security Technician may investigate and document incidents relative to the Medical Center and provide necessary liaison between hospital staff and patients and local law enforcement agencies. The officer coordinates with other hospital staff for necessary services under their responsibility. Due to the nature of this position, the Security Technician may not leave or abandon this post without direct threat to life and safety.
For the function of Access Control
The Security Technician provides oversight and performs functions related to the CPMC Identification Program and Door Access Program. Working under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the Security Technician is responsible for the design, production and distribution of ID cards issued by Security. The position provides medical center photo identification cards to authorized employees, volunteers, members of the medical staff, tenants and their employees, authorized contractors and vendors providing regular services to the hospital and other persons when authorized by Administration and ensures all ID cards are appropriately programmed when authorized and appropriately for the Kronos Time Keeping system and facility door access. The position has the ability to set door access controls relative to hours of operation and access levels. The Security Technician provides other support functions during emergencies and as determined by the Manager.
· High School Diploma – Required or equivalent education/experience
Licensure and Certifications
· Driver’s License, valid and in State – Required
· Valid California Security Guard Card – Required
· Security, preferably in a healthcare setting, military or law enforcement level experience is desired - preferred
Department –Specific Experience
· 0-2 years Valid California Security Guard Card – Required
Skills and Knowledge
· Proficient with computers and software; Windows, Word and Excel
· The role in certain locations may have to possess basic knowledge of searching persons, using personal restraints and metal detectors
· Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
· The role in certain locations may have to be able to operate vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
· Travel - Will vary and dependent upon department needs
· PM or weekend shift - Will vary and dependent upon department needs
· Required to participate and pass MAB/Nonviolent Crisis Intervention instruction provided by the department
· In some locations may be required to operate hospital/department vehicles
· No At Fault major motor vehicle accidents within the past three (3) years
· No DUI citations within the past three (3) years .
Organization: California Pacific Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Saturday-Sunday
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.