Sutter Health Nutrition Service Aide in Santa Rosa, California
The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 135 licensed beds and serves a population of more than 130,000 people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
We are looking to fill an immediate need for a Nutrition Service Aide for our dietary department. The Nutrition Services Aides perform work routine work involved in food preparation, food service, food delivery, sanitation, product inventory/ordering, cafeteria and catering services, answering telephones, and preparing late trays.
High school graduate or equivalent. Completion of courses in dietetics and/or food preparation is highly desired. Six months experience in a food service environment desired.
· Measures, mixes, peels, slices, grinds, blends, and assembles food in preparation for cooking or serving, according to established recipes, using appropriate equipment.
· Sweeps, mops, washes, scrubs, polishes, and disinfects, using the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment on floors, walls, sinks, windows, counters, and all parts of equipment and shelving, in order to maintain a clean, sanitary, and orderly environment in the department; washes patient dishes, pots, and pans; empties trash.
· Prepares food for catered events. Sets up catered events, delivers food, serves, and cleans up as needed.
· Sets up and serves food on the patient tray line, according to menus and production guides; delivers and retrieves tray carriers to/from nursing units.
· May be required to drive a van to deliver food and/or pick up supplies.
· Operates basic food service equipment, dispensers, servers, dishmachine, registers, ergotug equipment.
· Sets up and serves food in the cafeteria; operates cash register and makes change; restocks supplies as needed.
· Receives, stores, issues, and delivers necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
· Answers the telephone, takes messages, and processes phone orders and computer orders relating to patient meal service, in the absence of diet clerk. Maintains an orderly desk.
This position should have basic knowledge of the use and care of simple kitchen utensils and equipment and some knowledge of the principles and practices of safety, sanitation, and personal hygiene as it relates to food preparation and services. The ability to speak, read, and write English is also required.
Organization: Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Short Hour
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 24
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.