Sutter Health RN II - Infusion (Per Diem-Days) in Vallejo, California
The Infusion Nurse (IN) has primary accountability for patient outcomes. IN is responsible for administration of chemotherapeutic agents, blood products and other pharmaceuticals; patient education and care of patients receiving infusion; provides coverage, as needed, for the other departments in the Cancer Center; and participates in performance improvement studies at the Cancer Center. This position may serve as a resource person for hospital personnel, patients and their families, and all other related entities in all aspects of Infusion Therapy. IN coordinates patient care across all disciplines, in collaboration with the medical staff.
The Infusion Nurse functions within the scope of licensure, implements the nursing process to include the following: assess patient and family needs; develop a plan of care based on assessment; coordinate or perform implementation of the plan of care; and review and evaluate the effectiveness.
The Infusion Nurse ensures the physiological, psychosocial, safety, learning, rehabilitative, spiritual, cultural and self care needs of patients and their families are met.
· Graduate of a school of nursing. BSN preferred
· Current California RN license.
· Oncology Nursing Society's (ONS) Chemotherapy Certified.
· OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) preferred (certification required within 1-2 years of employment)
· Current experience in giving chemotherapy
· Demonstrated clinical competency in caring/maintaining Vascular Access Devices (VADs)
· Minimum two years previous experience in oncology and/or medical-surgical units
· Prior experience in performance improvements, nursing committee's participation preferred.
· Demonstrated competency in the fundamentals of nursing and pharmacology are required.
· Knowledge of outpatient infusion clinical practices is preferred.
· Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Attends Oncology related programs, earning at least 10 CEUs per year
· Maintains patient confidentiality according to HIPPA policies.
· Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
· Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification "for health care provider".
· Function independently with minimal supervision Self-directed in coordinating the care plan for patient care delivery.
· Documented competency in IV Therapy and Chemotherapy
· Demonstrate knowledge of community resources, legal policies relating to patient decisions and outcomes.
· Must have good interpersonal relations with customers/clients.
· Must be able to follow instructions, work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
· Analytical and grammatical skills are necessary to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
· Capable of using Microsoft Office Suite computer skills for a variety of support functions.
· Organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential.
· Participates in programs/ events sponsored by the Cancer Center
· Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
Organization: Sutter Solano Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.